What's it about?
Maximising opportunities for learning
and development while in an outdoor environment.
Who should attend?
People who use outdoor activities and
exercises for experience-based learning and development.
What is involved?
We will actively explore opportunities
for reviewing during activities, at activity
sites, while on the move and in all weathers!
OA2 Reviewing Outdoor Activities
OA3 Why Review Adventures?
OA4 Evaluating Adventure
Participants will be recommended
to carry out one or two preparatory tasks.
Indoors vs. Outdoors
Reviewing indoors: opportunities & limitations
Reviewing outdoors: opportunities & limitations
Reviewing Activities Outdoors
The Reviewing Cycle Outdoors
Cycles in the natural world
Facts, Feelings, Findings and Futures
(matching 'outdoor' Reviewing methods
to each stage of this reviewing cycle) more...
Feedback and appraisal outdoors
Resourcing outdoor reviewing
Found Natural Resources
What's in a reviewer's rucksack?
Developing ideas and resources
Reviewing can happen anywhere, any time.
You don't need a comfortable room and paper and pens to review activities! And you don't need a warm, dry patch of grass to review out of doors!
Why Review Outdoors?
- The outdoors can provide more inspiration and opportunity for reviewing than even the best equipped training room.
- By building reviewing into activities, reviewing is guaranteed to happen.
- You will be more 'in-tune' and 'in-touch' with learners.
- You (and they) will be using the time available more effectively and getting more value.
- Timely reviewing makes activities more rewarding and meaningful (and safer too).
Venue The venue for this workshop should be close to a large garden, park, woodland or wilderness.
Variations Programmes can be readily adapted, combined or created to suit different needs, situations or priorities.