What's it about?
This workshop provides a solid and inspiring grounding in the basics of reviewing activities in groups, mostly using discussion-based methods.
Who Should Attend?
Activity specialists and others who are keen to add to the value of activity-based programmes.
What is involved?
Participatory sessions that build on your existing knowledge and experience.
This may be all you need to boost your self-development as a reviewer, or to get your groups reviewing.
Kick Start to Reviewing
Images of Reviewing
What is reviewing?
Pictures of reviewing
one-liners about reviewing
models of reviewing
using intuition and balance
Facilitation = Making Learning Easy
from teaching to facilitating
from passive to active learning
Repeating the Activity
Creating the Right Climate
Generating Ground Rules
Monitoring the Climate
Seeing and Seizing Opportunities
Self-Development for Reviewers
(introduction to follow-up materials)
More Reviewing Methods
More methods will be
discussed or tried out in response to
participants' needs and interests
- You are more in touch with learners' perspectives.
- You are developing their communication skills (and yours).
- You are developing learning skills (yours and theirs).
- You are adding value to what is already happening.
- You are making benefits more tangible.
- You are generating evidence for evaluation.
- You become more alert and responsive to what is going on.
- You help learners clarify and achieve their objectives.
- You make transfer of learning more likely.
Preparation: Participants will be recommended to carry out one or two preparatory tasks.
Variations: Programmes are readily adapted to suit different client groups.
PB2 Discussion-Based Reviewing
PB3 Active Reviewing
PB4 Creative Reviewing
PB5 Constructive Reviewing
PB6 Reviewing with a Purpose
PB7 Reviewing for Group Development